Aptly operating mooring hardware is crucial for the safety of the cargo as well as those dealing in the action. The process is so critical that any slip may lead to fatal injuries, accidents, and deaths at the site. Here are different ways you can maintain the systems onboard and prevent misfortune:
- Look for Brake liners: Lubricate all the moving parts of your hardware with multipurpose grease. While oiling the parts, focus much on the deck stands and roller fairleads of the ship. The greasing is done through high-pressure lubricator guns, thereby ensuring the smooth functioning of the tools.
- Look for brake drums: Check the brake drum deeply whenever you open the brakes for whichever reason to note any rust buildup or wear and tear in the mechanism.
- Check Hydraulic Oil/ Gear: Inspecting the hydraulic oil often. If the liquid appears white, then it implies contamination and therefore, should be replaced urgently. Prefer to bunge in the oil which the manufacturers suggest.
- Tidy up the walkway: Make sure there is no oil, lubricant, debris, or hurdle lying on the walkway. Try keeping the ship deck spick-and-span and dry to avoid falls and accidents.
- Upkeep steel wire ropes on the deck: You should consider greasing the steel rope wires frequently, scraping off, and averting the rust that hinders the efficiency of the aid. Use the grease specifically made for lubricating these ropes.
To uphold the site’s security and avert the risks involved, one should pay attention to the proper maintenance of the equipment.